BotFlo CLI Tools is a collection of Python scripts which can help you with chatbot lifecycle management. In other words, it provides you with tools which can accelerate nearly every step of your bot building process.
These are mostly based on the online BotFlo app (and even share some of the code base).
Here are the main differences between the two
The CLI Tools, as the name indicates, are command line tools. This means you need to run them as Python scripts on your local machine. The BotFlo web app has a more user friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) to accomplish the same tasks.
Since it is just a collection of Python scripts, the CLI Tools are open source. You can read and modify the code as you wish. The code is also quite simple and does not do any fancy stuff.
If you can install PyCharm on your local computer, you can use all the BotFlo CLI Tools on premise. This means your data stays on premise.
Since the BotFlo web app is a subscription service, you might be making multiple payments to use it. The CLI Tools is a one time payment – and you then get lifetime access to not only all the current tools, but also any future tools I might add
Service Account JSON file
This is a big reason to prefer the CLI Tools.
While it is technically possible to build apps which connect to your Dialogflow account, it requires that the app developers get permission from Google to do it. That is exactly as it should be, except that Google has a history of pulling the rug from under established apps.
Some folks get around this by asking the bot maker to upload the service account JSON file, but that is not considered best practice.
The BotFlo CLI Tools don’t face this problem at all, since the service account JSON file is only downloaded to your local computer.
Reasons to choose BotFlo CLI Tools
Here are some reasons to choose CLI Tools over the online app
Since everything runs on the command line, it is possible to create and manage much larger Dialogflow agents using CLI Tools
In the future, I will be releasing CLI Tools first and only moving them online later. So you will get early access to these tools.
ES to CX Migration Scripts
It is technically harder to create fully online apps which can help with ES to CX migration. These will be added to the CLI tools
If you want to addd your own custom Natural Language Understanding (NLU) logic to the existing tool, obviously you can do it because you have access to the source code.
This is related to the point before. Currently the tools which use NLU (such as Autotrain) are based on the English language because that’s the only language for which I know the grammar rules. You can customize this to any language you want if you have access to the source code.
What is included?
This is an introductory offer and might change in the future.
Access to BotFlo CLI Tools
60 minute video consultation to help you set up the tools on your local computer
<— End of article —>
"The magic key I needed as a non-programmer" The custom payload generator was the magic key I needed (as a non-programmer) to build a good demo with rich responses in DialogFlow Messenger. I've only used it for 30 minutes and am thrilled. I've spent hours trying to figure out some of the intricacies of DialogFlow on my own. Over and over, I kept coming back to Aravind's tutorials available on-line. I trust the other functionalities I learn to use in the app will save me additional time and heartburn. - Kathleen R Cofounder, gathrHealth
Have any questions? Ask me a question about Dialogflow ES Ask me a question about Dialogflow CX
Need some help building your Dialogflow bot? I offer consulting services which can help you with - designing intents based on your data source (such as chat logs) - creating large FAQ bots - designing your conversation to maximize accuracy etc.
- Automating Dialogflow ES to CX migration using PythonAlso in ES to CX migration using Mindomo This series explains how to migrate your Dialogflow ES bot to Dialogflow CX. I offer a service to migrate your ES bot to CX for a fixed budget. Translate a Mindomo flowchart into Dialogflow CX Limitations of using Mindomo for Dialogflow CX Migrating an existing Dialogflow ES…
- How do you measure your Dialogflow bot’s accuracyAlso in Improving Dialogflow ES accuracy How to download Dialogflow ES conversation logs The best Chatbase alternative for Dialogflow ES conversation analytics Dialogflow Conversation Analytics Tips Dialogflow ES Unit Testing Framework How do you measure your Dialogflow bot’s accuracy First Published: July 2018 Last updated: August 2022 This article provides a simple way to measure…
- A structured learning path for Dialogflow ESAlso in Dialogflow ES Quickstart Templates You can download all the agent ZIP files and the Python code samples for these templates from the Programming Dialogflow ES course Dialogflow Python webhook tutorial How to use follow up intents to collect user input in Dialogflow ES How to collect user input without follow up intents in…
- 80% off my Dialogflow ES and CX courses until 20th August 2022You can get my Learn Dialogflow ES and Learn Dialogflow CX courses for $20 each by asking a question on one of the pages below: Ask a question about ES Ask a question about CX Based on the question you ask, I will send you a coupon for the ES or the CX course. You can also get a…
- Download all Quickstart Template agent ZIP filesSuppose you are looking to learn Dialogflow ES quickly. In my opinion, the fastest way to do it is to “learn by doing”. And the quickest way to learn by doing is to download all the agent ZIP files for the Dialogflow ES Quickstart Templates from my Programming Dialogflow ES course and follow along with…
This website contains affiliate links. See the disclosure page for more details.