If you read the article on migrating an existing Dialogflow ES agent to CX, you will notice that it follows a step by step method.
In practice, this means you can automate those steps using the REST API provided by ES and CX.
Note: in my opinion, it is not possible to automate the entire migration process. But you can considerably speed up the process by using the REST API.
Here are some tips if you wish to programmatically do this migration.
Use Actions in your ES bot
Obviously webhook code cannot be automatically migrated because it has custom logic. However, if you use actions in Dialogflow ES, you can use Tags in CX and this means you will need fewer changes to the webhook code.
Slot filling is tricky
If you have an ES bot which uses slot filling, migrating the slot filling to CX will be quite tricky. However, CX has much more robust support for slot filling than ES.
Large context lifespans can be tricky
Another issue is if you have large context lifespans. These make the state of your ES bot quite hard to predict. Since CX uses a state machine as the underlying primitive, a bot with minimal context lifespan values will be much easier to migrate to ES automatically.
Good ES naming conventions help
If you use good naming conventions in your ES bot, you can reuse those names in CX and find that it makes the automated migration process much smoother.
Use a test script
Probably one of the best ways to verify if your migration worked properly is to generate a test script for your ES bot and then use the same script inside CX to see if everything works as expected.
Free ES to CX migration
For a short time, I am offering a free migration service from Dialogflow ES to Dialogflow CX. Learn more
<— End of article —>
"The magic key I needed as a non-programmer" The custom payload generator was the magic key I needed (as a non-programmer) to build a good demo with rich responses in DialogFlow Messenger. I've only used it for 30 minutes and am thrilled. I've spent hours trying to figure out some of the intricacies of DialogFlow on my own. Over and over, I kept coming back to Aravind's tutorials available on-line. I trust the other functionalities I learn to use in the app will save me additional time and heartburn. - Kathleen R Cofounder, gathrHealth
Have any questions? Ask me a question about Dialogflow ES Ask me a question about Dialogflow CX
Need some help building your Dialogflow bot? I offer consulting services which can help you with - designing intents based on your data source (such as chat logs) - creating large FAQ bots - designing your conversation to maximize accuracy etc.
- Automating Dialogflow ES to CX migration using PythonAlso in ES to CX migration using Mindomo This series explains how to migrate your Dialogflow ES bot to Dialogflow CX. I offer a service to migrate your ES bot to CX for a fixed budget. Translate a Mindomo flowchart into Dialogflow CX Limitations of using Mindomo for Dialogflow CX Migrating an existing Dialogflow ES…
- How do you measure your Dialogflow bot’s accuracyAlso in Improving Dialogflow ES accuracy How to download Dialogflow ES conversation logs The best Chatbase alternative for Dialogflow ES conversation analytics Dialogflow Conversation Analytics Tips Dialogflow ES Unit Testing Framework How do you measure your Dialogflow bot’s accuracy First Published: July 2018 Last updated: August 2022 This article provides a simple way to measure…
- A structured learning path for Dialogflow ESAlso in Dialogflow ES Quickstart Templates You can download all the agent ZIP files and the Python code samples for these templates from the Programming Dialogflow ES course Dialogflow Python webhook tutorial How to use follow up intents to collect user input in Dialogflow ES How to collect user input without follow up intents in…
- 80% off my Dialogflow ES and CX courses until 20th August 2022You can get my Learn Dialogflow ES and Learn Dialogflow CX courses for $20 each by asking a question on one of the pages below: Ask a question about ES Ask a question about CX Based on the question you ask, I will send you a coupon for the ES or the CX course. You can also get a…
- Download all Quickstart Template agent ZIP filesSuppose you are looking to learn Dialogflow ES quickly. In my opinion, the fastest way to do it is to “learn by doing”. And the quickest way to learn by doing is to download all the agent ZIP files for the Dialogflow ES Quickstart Templates from my Programming Dialogflow ES course and follow along with…
This website contains affiliate links. See the disclosure page for more details.