Dialogflow CX Beginner Course
Since Dialogflow CX uses a state machine based approach to building your chatbot, it actually helps to build an actual state machine – the vending machine – using CX as you get started learning the topic.
Once you learn what a state machine is and how to build a simple one using CX, you will find that it is much easier to build more complex bots using Dialogflow CX.
In this course, I explain how to build a vending machine bot using Dialogflow CX.
Dialogflow ES vs Dialogflow CX
A simple way to compare the features of Dialogflow ES and Dialogflow CX is to build the same chatbot using both.
In this course, I build a very simple decision tree chatbot in ES first, and then explain how to build it in CX. While this covers only the basics of ES and CX, it is a very good way to think about the state machine in CX and compare it with the implicit state machine in ES.
Better Dialogflow ES Bots
The simplest way to build better Dialogflow ES bots is to understand the CTFS framework.
It explains candidate intents and how you can design your ES bot so that your conversation flow is more predictable.
In this course, I explain the CTFS framework.
I have a chatbot on my website which asks people which tool they use to design their Dialogflow flowcharts.
Most people reply “I don’t” 🙂
My view is that you will be able to build your ES bot a lot more quickly if you use a flowcharting tool like Mindomo.
Here is what a client of mine had to say about using my flowcharting process.
Take the time to learn the workflow/concepts he presents in his flowcharting tutorial. (This workflow is far superior to the approach suggested in the official DialogFlow documentation.) Using Aravind’s flowcharting approach you’ll be amazed at how quickly a functional prototype can be put together.
There is an additional benefit to using this flowcharting process for building your ES bot. You will be able to then migrate your bot to CX more easily.
In this course, I explain how to use Mindomo to design your ES bot so you can build it more quickly.
Debugging your Dialogflow ES bot using CTFS
If the wrong intent gets mapped in Dialogflow ES, it would be a good idea to inspect which intents are candidate intents at that point in the conversation. This process will give you a good insight into the inherent state machine of your ES bot.
In addition, understanding the CTFS framework will also allow you to design your CX bot more easily if you decide to migrate to ES.
In this course, I explain how to use the CTFS framework to debug your bot.
<— End of article —>
"The magic key I needed as a non-programmer" The custom payload generator was the magic key I needed (as a non-programmer) to build a good demo with rich responses in DialogFlow Messenger. I've only used it for 30 minutes and am thrilled. I've spent hours trying to figure out some of the intricacies of DialogFlow on my own. Over and over, I kept coming back to Aravind's tutorials available on-line. I trust the other functionalities I learn to use in the app will save me additional time and heartburn. - Kathleen R Cofounder, gathrHealth
Have any questions? Ask me a question about Dialogflow ES Ask me a question about Dialogflow CX
Need some help building your Dialogflow bot? I offer consulting services which can help you with - designing intents based on your data source (such as chat logs) - creating large FAQ bots - designing your conversation to maximize accuracy etc.
- Automating Dialogflow ES to CX migration using PythonI offer a service where I help people migrate their ES bots to CX and I have automated a good portion of the migration using Python scripts. I don’t think it is possible to fully automate the migration unless someone a) either builds a pure FAQ bot with no implicit or explicit contexts b) or…
- How do you measure your Dialogflow bot’s accuracyFirst Published: July 2018 Last updated: August 2022 This article provides a simple way to measure your Dialogflow bot’s accuracy. This technique may be a bit tedious, but it will be very useful if you need a metric to evaluate and report the quality of your chatbot. The U-M-M method A while back, I wrote…
- A structured learning path for Dialogflow ESI got this question on my course discussion forum My biggest challenge right is having a structured learning path. Right now I google and watch youtube videos depending on what I need to solve “right now”. This isn’t efficient since I miss some of the basics that I probably should have done prior to the…
- 80% off my Dialogflow ES and CX courses until 20th August 2022You can get my Learn Dialogflow ES and Learn Dialogflow CX courses for $20 each by asking a question on one of the pages below: Ask a question about ES Ask a question about CX Based on the question you ask, I will send you a coupon for the ES or the CX course. You can also get a…
- Download all Quickstart Template agent ZIP filesSuppose you are looking to learn Dialogflow ES quickly. In my opinion, the fastest way to do it is to “learn by doing”. And the quickest way to learn by doing is to download all the agent ZIP files for the Dialogflow ES Quickstart Templates from my Programming Dialogflow ES course and follow along with…
This website contains affiliate links. See the disclosure page for more details.